Weekend Fire In Marion Displaces Five

Firefighters with the Marion City Fire Department, responded to a house fire Saturday at 150 Boone Avenue. When the firefighters arrived the saw 30 foot flames coming from the attic, three people that were home at the time escaped without injuries. The fire quickly spread from a fully finished attic to the second floor and roof of the home. The occupant’s were alerted to the fire by working smoke detectors, The firefighters were able to rescue three cats and a dog form inside the home.

Firefighters are estimating the fire did $30,000 worth of damage to the structure and $20,000 to the home's contents.

It is believed the fire started in the attic and the fire is still under investigation.


Content Goes Here