Fill in the Blank:
"In the year 2123, I would expect to see______________"
A lot of people have weighed in with predictions for what to expect in 2023 ... But it's interesting to hear what people were predicting for this year way back in 1923.
A Canadian history professor dug through some old newspapers and found some really wild thoughts -- and some that weren't that far off the mark. According to Paul Fairie, 100 years ago, people predicted 2023 would see ...
- Treatments for polio and tuberculosis
- A cure for cancer
- Fashionable women would blacken their teeth in search of beauty
- There would be no more beauty contests because EVERYONE would be gorgeous
- We'd be able to fly from Chicago to Europe in just 18 hours
- Watch-size radio telephones would keep everybody "in communication with the ends of the earth"