The City of Marion is announcing that detours in the downtown Marion area will get underway at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, September 3 to accommodate activities for the upcoming Marion Popcorn Festival, being held September 5-7. Downtown streets will remain closed until the festival’s conclusion at midnight on Saturday and will remain closed into the early hours of Sunday morning for festival clean-up.
Detours will occur for the followings streets:
• Center St. between State St. and Campbell St.
• Church St. between Main St. and Prospect St.
• Main St. between Huber St. and Church St.
• Prospect St. between George St. and Church St.
• Oak St. between Huber St. and Center St.
In preparation for and during the Popcorn Parade, the closure of several area streets will begin at approximately 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 5.
• East Center St. between Merchant St. and State St. will close at approximately 5:00 pm.
• Forest Lawn Blvd. from Center St. to Mt. Vernon Ave. will close at 5:00 pm.
The following streets will be closed in the area of E. Center St.:
• Chicago Ave. (closed between E. Center St. and Wilson Ave.)
• Johnson St. (closed between E. Center St. and Wilson Ave.)
• Boone Ave.(closed between E. Center St. and Wilson Ave.)
• Pennsylvania Ave. (closed between E. Center St. and E. Church St.)
• Kenmore Ave. (closed between E. Center St. and E. Church St.)
The following streets will be closed until the conclusion of the parade:
• S. State St. between Center St. and Columbia St.
• S. Vine St. between Center St. and Church St./Mt. Vernon Ave.
• E. Church St. between State St. and Vine St.
• S. High St. between Center St. and Church St.
Due to the various street closures taking place in preparation for the Popcorn Festival Parade on
Thursday, September 5, Marion Area Transit will be making final pick-ups at 2:00 pm, with final
drop offs scheduled for 2:30 pm. Normal operating hours will resume on Friday, September 6.